The steps to run the protocol are as follows:
- 1.New public goods project is posted to the protocol.
- 2.Each estimate for a project is posted to the protocol.
- 3.Estimates are sorted by credibility, highest expected impact, and required expertise.
- 4.Validators are selected at random to review the estimate.
- 5.Validators are periodically selected at random to review realized project impact.
- 6.Coins are issued to public goods contributors following each validation (and challenge) period, and based on realized impact.
Let us now consider each of these steps in greater detail: